Sunday, September 27, 2009

can we try this?

So, I was thinking this morning about trying to find a better way to organize our Bunco group, and thought maybe a blog would be a good idea. I am trying it for now, and we will see how it goes.....I don't mind keeping it up every month, if it works and people like it.

Since I have hosting duties next month, here are my details thus far.....

October 30th, 2009
5:30 p.m.
8 Fern Street
Auburn

things I am not sure about yet.....and would love comments from you all!!
1. Halloween costumes - optional?? No one wants to HAVE to dress up. It should be fun, right!

2. Trying to figure out a way to reduce/reuse/recycle things in our houses that are wonderful, and someone else might love.....you could drop item(s) off at my house in the next 2-3 weeks, and I will put together the prizes!! That way, no one has to pay $10 to play! And we recycle things in our house, reduce the clutter too!!

3. Do we want to play a new game, for a change? A card game, or something else (charades, pictionary, scattegories)? We can always play bunco in November!

4. Lastly, a way to organize what food we are bringing/eating.....my suggestion follows:
I will post a list of the categories of dishes, and people can sign up for what they want to bring, and that way we won't have 8 desserts.....

example:
a. dessert-once people sign up for all of the desserts, other people bring something else....
b. dessert- that way we only have 3-4 desserts, and enough main dishes to go around...
c. dessert
d. hors d'oeuvres
e. hors d'oeuvres
f. main dish
g. main dish
h. soup
etc.....

Please let me know what you think about any and all of this, and we can keep or trash any of it! I just thought that I shake things up a bit since it was my turn to host... : )

Can't wait to hear what you all think!

7 comments:

  1. Yes to all! Great job Liza! I like your family blog too. I better keep up with mine!:)~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liza -
    Wow- what a creative undertaking! Thank you! I hope it's something everyone will make use of.
    I like all your ideas and particularly have wanted to do 3 and 4 for a long time! I like the idea of not reducing/re-using. And I like when things get shaken up a bit! So thanks for sharing your ideas....
    And maybe this way we wouldn't have to limit things to 12 and could have "bring a friend" nights or something?
    Also, I don't think that Dany's online so she may miss out on the blog.
    I'll scrounge around for something in our house to donate!
    My ideas for food:
    3 desserts, 3 entrees, 3 appetizers, 3 soup or salad.
    :) Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. didn't mean to say "not" before reducing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea! I will not be able to make it to Bunco on the 30th though. Missed your house last year too.:( Sure you will be able to find a sub though.
    The food list is a great idea too!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Liza putting this together, I also like the food idea- are you thinking we should sign up for food on here?? See everyone on the 30th- Amy Dube

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you want me to ask my mom if she will sub or do we have someone to fill in for Cherie already?
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. April is intrested in subbing again!!!!!Do we have a sub yet?katy said her mom can't do it!

    ReplyDelete